Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We All Need Prayers

I belong to my church's Prayer Shawl Ministry and have finished up my second prayer shawl.  (Forgot to take a picture of the first one, which was done in a pretty sea-foam green color.)  This shawl was made using a purple yarn that was donated to our group.  

I don't think the photographs do the yarn color justice.  

 

The pattern was found in a great little book called Crochet Prayer Shawls by Leisure Arts.  I love quite a few of the patterns found in the book.  I already have some yarn stashed away to make another.


I enjoy making them and LOVE that they go to those who are in need of a warm hug and prayers!  Each shawl is blessed and a list of prayers and bible passages are attached to each.

I'm still reading Secrets of Harmony Grove.  Enjoy your day, be a blessing to others and go browse the other great blogs at SmallThings Yarn-Along!!  

3 comments:

Lulu said...

thats so pretty.

Jen said...

What a great and worthy cause to crochet for!

Alisa said...

so pretty!! what a neat pattern!!