Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Colors of Fall

I absolutely love fall!  



It is by far my most favorite season in the Midwest.  This year Mother Nature is really bedazzling us with her rich colors.  I am in awe of the them on my drive each day to work, trying to absorb as much of the beauty as I can while staying on the road.  I can't get enough of it.



Our backyard has a "burning bush" in it and I love, love, love it.  Dad, you're gonna have to forgive my non-Latin term.  Smile.  My youngest son thinks it looks like a big apple, which it did.  I was able to take a picture of the leaves after they had fallen off and were on the ground.  They almost remind me of rose petals scattered about.







Our dogwood had some pretty colors too.  The hostas are turning a pretty yellow under the orangy red of the dogwood.

And speaking of color, I finished my project with my Yummy Yarn.  It turned out absolutely gorgeous.  Love the design.  If you're a Ravelry member you can see the pattern here.

Very easy pattern with very pretty details:



Enjoy the season.  Absorb the color.  Knit and crochet some color too.  I know I am.

No comments: